skalibs cross-compiling fails for version >= 1.4.0

From: Christian Wiese <chris_at_opensde.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2013 11:51:30 +0100

Hello Laurent,

I am trying to update the skalibs package within our OpenSDE package
repository which at the moment includes version 1.3.0 which
cross-compiles very fine for my little musl libc based target.

After updating to 1.4.2 this is not the case anymore producing
following compile time error:

-------------%<---------------------------------------------------------
exec ./compilefordynlib child_spawn2.c
In file included from child_spawn2.c:4:0:
child_spawn.c: In function 'child_spawn2':
child_spawn.c:44:19: error: 'UINT_FMT' undeclared (first use in this
function) child_spawn.c:44:19: note: each undeclared identifier is
reported only once for each function it appears in make[2]: ***
[child_spawn2.o] Error 1
-------------%<---------------------------------------------------------

I also jumped back right to the next version after 1.3.0 which is 1.4.0
where the problem also shows up.

I imported the sources into a git repository to get at least a kind of
overview what has been changed, but the changes are too massive from
version 1.3.0 -> 1.4.0 and in absence of an official public repository
where one could see more atomic changes it will be hard for me to
identify and fix the problem on my own.

Just for the records regarding the massive change from 1.3.0 -> 1.4.0:

This really shows the usefulness of a public repository in my opinion
where people could see the changes in a more atomic way and I do not
really get why you refuse to provide something like that.

But anyway... I do not want to get deeper into that topic unless
someone else here on that list is also seeing the usefulness
of a public repository and supporting that topic.

To get back to the issue I am facing. It seems that there is really an
issue with the tests for generating the sysdeps and headers which seems
to be the root cause of the issue.
-------------%<---------------------------------------------------------
 ./compile trysizeofushort.c && ./load trysizeofushort
echo '#define SKALIBS_SIZEOFUSHORT' `./trysizeofushort` > sizeofushort.h
/bin/sh: ./trysizeofushort: No such file or directory
echo '#define SKALIBS_USHORT_BITS' `expr 8 \* \`./trysizeofushort\`` >> sizeofushort.h
/bin/sh: ./trysizeofushort: No such file or directory
expr: syntax error
echo '/* sysdep: sizeofushort:' `./trysizeofushort`'*/' >> sizeofushort.h
/bin/sh: ./trysizeofushort: No such file or directory
./compile trysizeofuint.c && ./load trysizeofuint
echo '#define SKALIBS_SIZEOFUINT' `./trysizeofuint` > sizeofuint.h
/bin/sh: ./trysizeofuint: No such file or directory
echo '#define SKALIBS_UINT_BITS' `expr 8 \* \`./trysizeofuint\`` >> sizeofuint.h
/bin/sh: ./trysizeofuint: No such file or directory
expr: syntax error echo '/* sysdep: sizeofuint:' `./trysizeofuint` '*/'
>> sizeofuint.h
/bin/sh: ./trysizeofuint: No such file or directory
>> echo '/* ISC license. */' > sysdeps.h
echo >> sysdeps.h
echo '#ifndef SYSDEPS_H' >> sysdeps.h
echo '#define SYSDEPS_H' >> sysdeps.h
echo >> sysdeps.h

Any hints about what I can do to solve that issue?

Cheers,
Chris