Re: Running & interrupting s6-svscan in terminal

From: Laurent Bercot <ska-skaware_at_skarnet.org>
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2016 20:08:25 +0200

On 04/06/2016 19:06, Remko Tronçon wrote:
> When s6-svscan is running in a terminal, and I hit Ctrl-C, the processes
> managed by s6 are not interrupted, and remain running after s6-svscan has
> quit. I'm guessing this has something to do with CTRL-C behavior wrt
> process groups, but I'm not knowledgeable enough on the subject to know
> what's going on.
>
> Is there a way to run s6-svscan from a terminal, and have CTRL-C do what
> you would expect (i.e. the same as s6-svscanctl -i)?

  Add a "nosetsid" file to your service directories. That ensures that the
supervised processes are started in the same session as s6-svscan, so they
also receive a SIGINT on a ^C.

  This is not the default because running services in their own session is
the normal correct behaviour, and s6-svscan has no business running in a
terminal except for debugging purposes. So make sure you know what you are
doing. ;)

--
  Laurent