Re: Git cloning all skarnet software by Using Debian Stretch 9 gives error

From: Laurent Bercot <ska-skaware_at_skarnet.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2019 11:23:50 +0000

> fatal: unable to access 'https://git.skarnet.org/cgi-bin/cgit.cgi/skalibs': GnuTLS
> recv error (-110): The TLS connection was non-properly terminated.

Right. Sigh.
cgit apparently does not craft a Content-Length header, and the TLS
layer over the skarnet.org web server does not use close_notify to
end connections. So there's a conflict here.

I cannot use close_notify without basically reworking the whole stack,
so that's a no-go. I will look into cgit to see if it's possible to
make it always send a Content-Length, but that will have to wait for
a few weeks.

In the meantime, please don't use the https transport for your git
clone. Or, if you have to, use the github mirror. Sorry about that.

--
Laurent