Re: Reading s6-rc database without root for completion

From: Laurent Bercot <ska-skaware_at_skarnet.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2022 12:37:39 +0000

>I'd like for the user to be able to complete `sudo s6-rc -u change
>some...` from a non-root terminal, but trying to use the output of
>`s6-rc-db list services` fails as it can't take a lock in
>/run/s6-rc/compiled.

  Hm, that's an oversight on my part. Reading the database should be
possible by normal users, but the lock is currently taken O_RDWR
(because
the locking primitive is the same for reading and for writing), so
it fails. I will fix that.

  Until then, sure, read your info from the source directory, but be
aware it may not be in sync with the current live database.

  Thanks for the report!

--
  Laurent