Re: slapd crashing very frequently under runsv on FreeBSD

From: Mike Jackson <mj_at_netauth.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 17:05:24 +0300

On 24 Apr 2014, at 15.15, Charlie Brady <charlieb-smarden-supervision_at_budge.apana.org.au> wrote:

> "signal 11" indicates either a hardware problem (e.g. bad RAM) or a bug in
> the software. In this case it is probably the latter. You'll need to
> diagnose and fix that bug.
>
> Best option would be to capture a core file and examine a stack backtrace.
>
> This is an openldap issue, rather than a bug in runsv.

The thing that confuses me is that, as I said, it simply won’t crash when running from a terminal window but it repeatedly crashes when running under runsv.

It also won’t crash when started as a normal daemon, e.g. from an rc.d script.

I even had slapd running under gdb for a week and it simply would not crash. Put it back under runsv and it’s crashing within minutes, no core files...

-mike