Re: ejabberd

From: Alex Efros <powerman_at_powerman.name>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 12:41:38 +0300

Hi!

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 02:41:54AM +0000, James Powell wrote:
> > > You may need a utility like runit-for-lfs uses cause pause. Pause stops
> > > the execution process until the termination signal is given.
> > Yeah, good idea. With pause these ./run and ./finish should work.
> Pause is not included with any toolkit, but you can get the pause.c code we use here:

Sorry, I was too sleepy yesterday when I replied "good idea" - it's not
good because if service started this way will crash - pause command won't
exit and thus service won't be restarted… and we here use runit exactly to
avoid this sort of issues, usual for /etc/init.d/ scripts.

So, for now my workaround with monkey-patching ejabberdctl to remove
-detach param is only way to correctly run ejabberd under runit (well,
horrible_listener_script.sh proposed by Colin Booth probably will work
too, but… well… it's really horrible :) - but probably testing port with
`ss -lnt | grep -q ':5222 '` will make it less horrible).

--
			WBR, Alex.