License selection for process scripts

From: Avery Payne <avery.p.payne_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 10:39:33 -0700

This may sound a bit off-topic but it has a practical purpose. Currently I
am working under the assumption that a BSD 3-Clause license may be
sufficient to provide process control scripts for daemontools, runit, and
s6. However, each has a different license. I need to find a license that
provides maximum compatibility without placing the entire work in the
public domain (which is roughly the equivalent of saying "I abandon this".)
 I'm more than open to doing multiple licenses if that is necessary.
Suggestions are welcome.