Re: License selection for process scripts

From: Laurent Bercot <ska-supervision_at_skarnet.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 11:39:56 +0200

Le 24/10/2014 02:55, Avery Payne a écrit :
> At this point, I will probably dual-license everything as BSD 3-clause for the
> scripts themselves, and if needed a 2nd license that matches whatever
> framework they are running under - just for the sake of expediency.

  That's my point: you don't have to match licenses. The supervisor and the
run scripts do not share any code, and most likely will not be
distributed together, so the framework's license is totally irrelevant in
the choice of the scripts' license. It would be akin to saying that all
shell scripts running on GNU should be licensed with the GPL, because they
will be interpreted by bash.
  But of course, it's your code, so you can license it however you want :)

--
  Laurent