Re: patch: sv check should wait when svrun is not ready

From: Colin Booth <cathexis_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 17:53:43 -0800

On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 5:08 PM, Buck Evan <buck_at_yelp.com> wrote:
> There's no dependant service involved.
>
> My check is running from outside the docker, racing against runit.
>
> Your workaround is valid, but still a workaround. My patch obviates the need
> for the workaround.

Workaround or no, your patch changes the behavior of `sv check' to
differ from the rest of the sv command set. Running `sv check' against
any non-supervised directory, of which a not-yet supervised directory
is a subset, should be, and is, a terminal event. This holds true for
any of the sv commands, not just check.
--
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to
man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees