Re: What interrupt does Ctrl+Alt+Delete send PID1?

From: Guillermo <gdiazhartusch_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 20:06:40 -0300

> On Fri, 12 Jun 2015 11:31:44 +0200 Laurent Bercot wrote:
>
>> Well, your host system will definitely catch the 3 finger salute; it
>> won't be sent as is to your guest system. Is there a way for the VM to
>> send an emulated ctrl-alt-del press to the guest ?
>
> Thanks Laurent,
>
> It looks like once I fully document my VM setup, I'll need to do the
> thing on bare metal.

Did you use the right key combination? You send an emulated CTRL + Alt
+ Del to the guest OS on VirtualBox with HOST Key + Del. "HOST Key" is
the right CTRL key by default, but you can change that via VirtualBox
configuration. In other words, if you don't change the HOST key
mapping, the emulated CTRL + Alt + Del is right CTRL + Del. A real
CTRL + Alt + Del will indeed go to the host OS.

Cheers,
G.