Re: Working on shell for perp/s6/etc., need advice re logging

From: Colin Booth <cathexis_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 10:09:45 -0700

On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 9:57 AM, Ido Perlmuter <ido_at_ido50.net> wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestions guys.
>

> I suppose enforcing a certain logging policy for anyone whishing to use my
> shell is somewhat unavoidable, but I'll keep looking into those options to
> see what I can do to be as unobtrusive as possible. Though your suggestion
> was meant to avoid that, I *could* try to read the rc.log (/log/run)
> scripts to check which logger is being used (with a simple search of
> tinylog, s6-log, svlogd, etc.) in order to know which fd I need.

Use /proc/$pid/exe instead. You already have to go digging into proc
for the file descriptors, might as well take advantage of it for that
too.

> Thanks again,
> Ido.
No problem,

Cheers!
-Colin

--
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to
man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees