Re: [ale] systemd talk from July has slide deck online now

From: Steve Litt <slitt_at_troubleshooters.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2015 12:45:15 -0400

On Wed, 9 Sep 2015 18:03:52 +0200
Laurent Bercot <ska-supervision_at_skarnet.org> wrote:

> >> I am unfamiliar with those. Do they all start Linux?
> >> My goal was more to show what systemd does different from prior
> >> Linux startups for the major distros.
>
> I was just made aware of that article:
> http://blog.darknedgy.net/technology/2015/09/05/0/
>
> It's a pretty comprehensive list of the init systems for Linux.

Several of those inits required services to be configured in XML.

Tell me one more time just so I understand: Why would *anybody*
configure their services with XML, thereby requiring the init system to
have a built in XML parser? XML parser in PID1, what could possibly go
wrong?

SteveT

Steve Litt
August 2015 featured book: Troubleshooting: Just the Facts
http://www.troubleshooters.com/tjust