Re: [ale] systemd talk from July has slide deck online now

From: Laurent Bercot <ska-supervision_at_skarnet.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2015 18:57:25 +0200

On 09/09/2015 18:45, Steve Litt wrote:
> Several of those inits required services to be configured in XML.
>
> Tell me one more time just so I understand: Why would *anybody*
> configure their services with XML, thereby requiring the init system to
> have a built in XML parser? XML parser in PID1, what could possibly go
> wrong?

  Quoting the document: "This article is not meant to impart any technical
judgments, but to simply document what has been done".

  I don't think the author of the document is condoning XML configuration
any more than you and I are. (Context: VR is also the author of uselessd
and he eventually gave up on it because systemd was just too complex to
redesign.)

--
  Laurent