Re: Some suggestions about s6 and s6-rc

From: Colin Booth <cathexis_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015 20:50:53 -0700

On Sep 19, 2015 8:07 PM, "Casper Ti. Vector" <caspervector_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Since s6-rc is still unreleased, perhaps we can still take the chance to
> rename `up'/`down' in oneshots to `run'/`finish', in order to let them
> look a little more unified?

I don't know about anyone else, but I actually like the difference. ./up
and ./down are the things that fire when it goes up and down. Using run and
finish is more confusing since it overloads the functionality semantics of
longruns (technically so does up and down, but since s6-rc precludes the
use of manual down files it's less of an issue).

If there's confusion, I'd say it should be fixed at the documentation level.

Cheers!