The plans for Alpine Linux

From: Guillermo <gdiazhartusch_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 13:08:33 -0300

http://www.mail-archive.com/supervision_at_list.skarnet.org/msg01123.html

> The biggest hurdle that *every* distribution faces is that every daemon
> starting script is specific to the service manager, and supervision
> systems do things very differently from non-supervision systems.
>
> And so, daemon packages need to be separated into "mechanism" (the
> daemon itself) and "policy" (the way to start it), with as many
> "policy" packages as there are supported service managers.
>
> I plan to do this work for Alpine Linux towards the end of this year;
> I think most of it will be reusable for other distributions, including
> Buildroot.

Hello,

So, are you willing to share the plans for this? I take it you'll
write, or help the distribution's developers do so, s6-rc service
definitions for Alpine so it will be able to boot with s6 + s6-rc, as
an alternative to BusyBox init + OpenRC? Have you decided *how* you
are going to do it (based on Alpine's existing OpenRC service scripts,
etc.)?

I'm interested to hear it :)
G.