Re: Setting open files for a process started by runit (using chpst)

From: Tony Gaetani <tony.gaetani_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2016 20:59:31 +0200

I think chpst -o can only limit open files meaning reduce the number of
open file descriptors for the process, not increase. I'm just speaking
from memory, I have no proof to back up this conjecture. I recommend
using ulimit -n in your run scripts per services, rather than on runsv
itself.

--
https://tonygaetani.com