Re: FW: Runit debian package fix for Ubuntu 16.04

From: Gerrit Pape <pape_at_smarden.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 13:44:45 +0000

On Mon, Jul 18, 2016 at 10:43:58PM +0200, Laurent Bercot wrote:
> On 18/07/2016 22:36, Pierre Jacomet wrote:
> >Hi, I apologize if this mail is a repeat as I tried to submit via the
> >web interface and I am not sure whether it succeeded or not. In any
> >case, I did a couple of fixes to the debian package installer such
> >that the debian/ubuntu installer deals properly with the dichotomy
> >between systemd and upstart and the fact that they both may be
> >installed in the system at the same time. This was causing the
> >installer to fail in ubuntu 16.04. I have a fix, which involves
> >strictly working with the debian files and wanted to submit it. Is
> >the right place to start here or in some debian or possibly an ubuntu
> >maintainers list?
>
> Gerrit reads this list, but generally speaking, for distribution-specific
> patches you should probably contact the maintainer of the package directly.
> (Which, in your case, is Gerrit, unless he has found another maintainer to
> delegate the packages to.)

Hi, actually runit in Debian now has a new maintainer, who's definitely
more responsive and active than me.

 https://packages.debian.org/sid/runit

For some reason, interest in the runit project raised again over the
last months, although I didn't do any work on it, since years I guess.
I even got a recent donation of notable amount. Thanks for interest and
contributions, no matter in which form.

Regards, Gerrit.