Re: GNU Emacs now runs in foreground

From: Jean Louis <bugs_at_gnu.support>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2016 20:58:53 +0300

On Thu, Dec 01, 2016 at 12:54:38PM -0500, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Dec 2016 20:48:37 +0300
> Jean Louis <bugs_at_gnu.support> wrote:

> > > Fascinating! How do emacs clients communicate with the emacs daemon?
> > > Sockets?
> > >
> > > How many other user programs might be used as daemons. What an
> > > interesting idea! For some reason, mplayer pops into my mind.
> >
> > I have a strange feeling that you are joking...
>
> Not at all. You know mplayer can interact via a FIFO.
>
> Seriously, I'm not joking. I'm always interested in new ways to use my
> computer.

By the way, interesting book there.

Back to topic. When emacs is daemon on my side, I start it before the
X, so I can even restart X, buffers are in memory. And I start editor
simply faster. It is huge, but it gives me everything I need. Actually
it is not an editor, more kind of environment of various tools.

Org Mode is one of good ways of writing text, that may be exported as
books, with the contents, and all. Add the front page and back page,
and you get professional typeset book without the external
service. Tip for you as author. http://orgmode.org it is built in.

Jean