runsvdir polling

From: <39066dd5_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2017 21:12:27 -0800

I'm using runit as my primary init on Linux to good effect but have noticed
that it accumulates CPU time even while the system is idle. I suspect that
this is a consequence of runsvdir polling the service directory for changes
and that using inotify would reduce this. This would introduce some
complexity and variance between platforms but bring the benefit of removing
a source of CPU wake-ups. Has using inotify been considered and rejected
for another reason?