A dumb question

From: Francisco Gómez <espectalll_at_kydara.com>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2017 23:11:25 +0200

Hello there, nice to meet you! If you don't mind, I'll be quite too
straight and tell you what I'm coming for.

So, a few days ago, I switched to Void Linux. This not only meant that
my hipster non-mainstream levels had increased over 9000, but that I
had switched from Systemd to Runit as well. At first, I found it
amazing that the system and the GNOME desktop could do so much and so
easily without relying on a heavy init overlord. I shared my joy to my
fellow colleagues. And during the process, someone recently told me
something like this.

    "It's old software. Its last version is from 2014. If I have to
    choose between a dynamic, bug-filled init like Systemd and a barely
    maintained init like Runit, I'd rather use Systemd."

That sounds bad, doesn't it?

I hence ask: why is it that Runit has no new versions, neither a VCS
repository or bug tracker? Has Runit been so well tested and hardened,
is it such a simple codebase? Or are there not enough interested,
capable people maintaining the project?

Sorry for asking this, but I'm really curious and interested on using
Runit, and questions need answers. Even if those questions are really
questionable on themselves. Cheers~