Re: On possibly "finer" dependencies in s6-rc

From: Laurent Bercot <ska-supervision_at_skarnet.org>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2017 14:40:56 +0000

>By the way, if this change is done in s6-svwait, perhaps the s6-rc FAQ
>can mention that dynamic (i.e. without using s6-rc-update manually)
>virtual dependencies can be implemented using s6-svwait oneshots?
  Probably not. If anything, I'll think about the use of s6-svwait
oneshots
a bit more, and if I assess it's the correct, or as correct as it gets,
way to implement disjunctions, I'll add a mechanism in s6-rc-compile to
encapsulate it and auto-generate hidden oneshot services - because
those "utility" services should not be managed by users - they should
be part of the magic instead.

  In the meantime, congratulations, you've figured out a way to do it;
enjoy it, and consider it a reward for your cleverness. As to people
who are not as smart or as s6-rc-savvy, it's probably best if they just
stay the heck away from disjunctions until they're officially
supported. :P

--
  Laurent