Re: New reboot flag: -c for 'power cycle'

From: Jonathan de Boyne Pollard <J.deBoynePollard-newsgroups_at_NTLWorld.COM>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2017 06:23:39 +0000

Warner Losh:

> I was completely unaware of SIGWINCH being used like this on Linux. It
> didn't pop up in the quick research I did before implementing this.
>
> But it would have been nice to know this sooner, but I'm OK with later
> since it isn't much later.

Some sources of information for you, and for anyone else interested:

* The "System event response" section of my system-manager(1).
(http://jdebp.eu./Softwares/nosh/guide/system-manager.html or
file:///usr/local/share/doc/nosh/system-manager.html if you have the
nosh Guide installed)

* The SIGNALS section of Miquel van Smoorenburg's init(8).
(http://svn.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/sysvinit/sysvinit/trunk/man/init.8)

* The SIGNALS section of Gerrit Pape's runit(8).
(http://smarden.org/runit/runit.8.html)

* The SIGNALS section of systemd(8).
(https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.html)

* The doco for signal handling in Joachim Nilsson's finit.
(https://github.com/troglobit/finit/blob/master/doc/signals.md)

* Felix von Leitner (2004-09). Speeding up the Linux boot process with
minit. https://www.fefe.de/minit/minit-linux-kongress2004.pdf. 11th
Linux Kongress. p. 14.

* https://unix.stackexchange.com/a/191875/5132

* https://unix.stackexchange.com/a/197472/5132