Re: nosh build problems (Re: Compatibilities between runit and s6 (re: )

From: Jonathan de Boyne Pollard <J.deBoynePollard-newsgroups_at_NTLWorld.COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2018 07:35:43 +0000

Guillermo:

> Jonathan de Boyne Pollard:
>
>> What does line 843 of your |/usr/include/curses.h| actually say?
>> Because that's not the location of that function declaration in that
>> header in either Dickey ncurses or Acton pdcurses as far as I can
>> see. So what curses are you actually using?
>>
> Dickey ncurses' |configure| script has options |--enable-const| and
> |--disable-const|. [...]
I am aware. It doesn't shift that declaration onto line 843 of that
header. It was quite a few lines further down a few years ago
<https://github.com/ThomasDickey/ncurses-snapshots/blame/5246b41942b2734b012b118903ca869b1a1fae2f/include/curses.h.in#L854>,
and is even further down nowadays. So either this is a significantly
older Dickey ncurses, older even than what is in Debian 8
<https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/ncurses.git/tree/include/curses.h.in?h=jessie#n854>,
or it is something else.