Re: s6 usability

From: Laurent Bercot <ska-supervision_at_skarnet.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2019 09:14:12 +0000

>However - what is the concrete suggestion from the Debian guys what
>Laurent should do?

  The Debian people are happy with putting execline binaries in a
separate
directory that is not in the default PATH. They don't see a problem with
that. And the thing is, nobody will notice a problem either - except
people who try calling useful execline binaries (such as redirfd)
outside
of execline scripts, *which is a use case I officially want to support*.

  I'll try releasing the execline version with a POSIX-compliant umask
before the end of the year. Then we'll see where Debian really stands.

--
  Laurent