Re: [request for review] Port of s6 documentation to mdoc(7)

From: Alexis <flexibeast_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2020 19:03:36 +1000

Casper Ti. Vector <caspervector_at_gmail.com> writes:

> * We negotiate a HTML schema your documentation can be written
> in, which
> is based on current documentation; existing HTML documentation
> will be
> converted to the schema, with minimised changes.

On the basis of my current experiences, it would be No Small Task
to convert the current, presentationally-based, HTML documentation
to markup that's sufficiently semantic to enable it to be
mechanically converted to mdoc/roff. i estimate i've so far spent
at least 30 hours over the last couple of weeks adding the
relevant semantic (and occasionally presentational) macros, as
well as modifying the page structure to match mdoc conventions;
and i'm still not finished. Myself, i'm not willing to repeat this
task again, as i have other volunteer and life commitments.

Alexis.