Re: gpg-agent runit run script

From: Alexis <flexibeast_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 12:00:01 +1000

Guillermo <gdiazhartusch_at_gmail.com> writes:

> The combination of Duncaen's run script, and the Void Handbook's
> example /etc/sv/runsvdir-<username>/run script, at least if used
> verbatim, does not appear to set up GPG_TTY. gpg-agent might
> start,
> but I'm not sure if things will work well if, e.g., it wants to
> run
> the pinentry program...

Yeah. Trying to get a program to run in ways it's not intended to
be run can get complex at the best of times, but i'd be
particularly wary of trying to do so with a program that's
security infrastructure; i'd worry about accidentally creating
vulnerabilities not present when the program is used in the
intended manner.

Alexis.